Two pith balls each with mass m are suspended from insulating threads. When the pith balls are given equal positive charge Q, they hang in equilibrium as shown. We now increase the charge on the left pith ball from Q to 2Q while leaving is mass unchanged. Which of the following diagrams best represents the new equilibrium configuration:- Do we consider them as point charges and use Coulombs law? Since the mass is unchanged and The Fe = Kq1q2/r^2 on both the charges. then why isnt both the angles same? My basics are weak and so I need to strengthen it

Two pith balls each with mass m are suspended from insulating threads. When the pith balls are given equal positive charge Q, they hang in equilibrium as shown.

We now increase the charge on the left pith ball from Q to 2Q while leaving is mass unchanged. Which of the following diagrams best represents the new equilibrium configuration:-

Do we consider them as point charges and use Coulombs law? Since the mass is unchanged and The Fe = Kq1q2/r^2 on both the charges. then why isnt both the angles same?
My basics are weak and so I need to strengthen it

Question Image
Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Arun
25750 Points
6 years ago
There is nonimage attched ij which all the diagrams are shown.Please repost the question. I will be happy to help you.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free