The reaction A + B C + D proceeds to right hand side upto 99.9%. The equilibrium constant K of the reaction will be (A) 10 4 (B) 10 5 (C) 10 6 (D) 10 8

1. The reaction A + B page12image10224 page12image10424C + D proceeds to right hand side upto 99.9%. The equilibrium constant K of the reaction will be
    (A) 10
    4 (B) 105
    (C) 106 (D) 10

Grade:11

3 Answers

RAUNAQ SINGH
15 Points
6 years ago
Answer ( d ) below is the given reasonSince we know that when the equilibrium constant Kc has an value greater than 10³ it means it has moved to forward direction and in the question it is mentioned that 99.9% of the reaction has moved to the right hand side this means the value of Kc must be very large and the largest value of Kc in the given options is 10^8 so yes it is the answer
Ashi
11 Points
6 years ago
I think this is not the valid reason and i m not satisfied with it if you have a better reply then only provide me please it is urgent i ll be very thankful to yoy
SANGHAMITRA MAITHANI
15 Points
3 years ago
10^6 must be the answer as although not exact but it can be approxed as intial concentration of Aand B can be taken as 100 and at equilibrium as 0.1 and that of c and D as 0 and 99.9 now calculate kc

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free