Solid ammonium carbamate dissociates to give ammonia and CO2.at equilibrium NH3 is added such that partial pressure of NH3 now equal to original total pressure.calculate the ratio of total pressure now to original total pressure?

Solid ammonium carbamate dissociates to give ammonia and CO2.at equilibrium NH3 is added such that partial pressure of NH3 now equal to original total pressure.calculate the ratio of total pressure now to original total pressure?

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Arun
25750 Points
4 years ago
Ammonium carbamate dissociates as : In a closed vessel containing ammonium carbamate in equilibrium with ammonia and carbon dioxide, ammonia is added such that partial pressure of NH3 now equals to the original total pressure. The ratio of total pressure to the original pressure now is ? 

Nh2coonh4(s)----2nh3(g)+co2(g) 

I tried solving the problem and I know I am quite close to the answer which is 31/27. Firstly I took out ko for equilibrium assuming total pressure to be p. So kc= (2p/3)^2*p/3=4p^3/27 

After this the par pressure of ammonia becomes p so let's say that of co2 is p/3+x. Now since kc doesn't change so p/3+x=4p^2/27(cancelling one of the p) But solving further and finding new pressure and dividing by the old one doesn't give the ans.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free