sir/mam …. from web i have found the definition of chemical composition that ...chemical composition is the arrangement,type and ratio of atoms in molecules of chemical substances....but i have a great problem that what is physical composition really and how physical composition is differ from chemical composition..what is really the definition of physical composition os any substance

sir/mam …. from web i have found the definition of chemical composition that ...chemical composition is the arrangement,type and ratio of atoms in molecules of chemical substances....but i have a great problem that what is physical composition really and how physical composition is differ from chemical composition..what is really the definition of physical composition os any substance

Grade:11

1 Answers

Aastha Singh
askIITians Faculty 212 Points
4 years ago
Physical composition in a layman’s language can be considered as the inter relationships of the constituent molecules or atoms of the compound which they form. The intermolecular attractive forces, their interrelated kinetic energy all these factors decide the physical composition of a compound, at what temperature will the compound melt or boil, in what kind of solvent will it be soluble, texture, smell etc are all due to physical composition of the compound.

Whereas what kind of atoms are forming these constituent molecules, and the bonding of these atoms in a molecule, also the ratio in which these atoms are combining to form these molecules determine the chemical composition of the compound.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free