i have a doubt in formal charge in an atom topic also related to resonating structre.like when in boks they draw the structure ozone there is six electrons in one oxygen atom with sindle bond with another one contains just 4 with double bond nd the third just 2 with which they both had made bond.so how is there six electrons in 1 st oxygen atom and it also makes a single bond with another atom and also has six electron left but as we know that oxygen has only six electrons na.and same with nitrogen it has 3 unpaired electrons but in some structure where it is represented by formal charge of +1 there are two singe bond and one double bond how.and also does all compounds form resonating structures.actually my basic is not clear

i have a doubt in formal charge in an atom topic also related to resonating structre.like when in boks they draw the structure ozone there is six electrons in one oxygen atom with sindle bond with another one contains just 4 with double bond nd the third just 2 with which they both had made bond.so how is there six electrons in 1st oxygen atom and it also makes a single bond with another atom and also has six electron left but as we know that oxygen has only six electrons na.and same with nitrogen it has 3 unpaired electrons but in some structure where it is represented by formal charge of +1 there are two singe bond and one double bond how.and also does all compounds form resonating structures.actually my basic is not clear

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Vikas TU
14149 Points
7 years ago
Hello dear,
The question has been allready answered by one of the Askiitian Fcaulty.
Plz do check herby:

http://www.askiitians.com/forums/Organic-Chemistry/how-do-formal-charges-help-in-the-selection-of_109789.htm

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free