how will i know that which formula of power is to be used in which numerical ? For example acc. to the formula P=V^2/R, P varies as V^2. On the other hand acc. to the formula P=VI, P varies as V. So how will i know that which “varies as” is to be used in which numerical ? P.S-This same thing is applicable for current and resistance too.(P varies as I acc. to P=VI, again P varies as I^2 acc. to P=I^2R....Again P varies as R acc. to P=I^2R, again P inversely varies as R acc .to P=V^2/R.) So this is a big problem i am facing while solving power related sums for NEET.

how will i know that which formula of power is to be used in which numerical ? For example acc. to the formula P=V^2/R, P varies as V^2. On the other hand acc. to the formula P=VI, P varies as V. So how will i know that which “varies as” is to be used in which numerical ?
P.S-This same thing is applicable for current and resistance too.(P varies as I acc. to P=VI, again P varies as I^2 acc. to P=I^2R....Again P varies as R acc. to P=I^2R, again P inversely varies as R acc .to P=V^2/R.) So this is a big problem i am facing while solving power related sums for NEET.

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Mahima Kanawat
1010 Points
5 years ago
Dear student 
You should first see the question and find out which quantity is constant... 
For ex... If I is constant in case of series combination you can use the formula P=VI where I is constant, so, here P is directly proportional to V.
WITH REGARDS 
MAHIMA 
ASKIITIANS FORUM EXPERT 

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free