Hello Team, My question is regarding the photosynthesis of the plants. Most of the plants do photosynthesis at the light having the wavelength of nearly 400-600 nm. Are there some plants or algae who do the process of photosynthesis at dark or low wavelength?

Hello Team,
My question is regarding the photosynthesis of the plants. Most of the plants do photosynthesis at the light having the wavelength of nearly 400-600 nm. Are there some plants or algae who do the process of photosynthesis at dark or low wavelength? 

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Arun
25750 Points
5 years ago
Dear student

I am giving you brief idea. You can see here your expectation of low wavelength

Chlorophyll A

Chlorophyll a, which is present in all photosynthetic organisms, absorbs blue light with wavelengths of 430 nanometers (nm) and red light of 662 nm. It reflects green light, so that the plants that contain it appear green. Compared to other pigments, chlorophyll a exists most abundantly in plants.

Chlorophyll B

Chlorophyll b, which is similar in structure to chlorophyll a, exists in green algae and plants. It absorbs light of 453 nm and 642 nm. Chlorophyll a helps plants absorb a more extensive range of light wavelengths.

Carotenoids

All organisms that conduct photosynthesis have carotenoids. They absorb green light between 460 nm and 550 nm best. Plants that contain mostly cartenoids appear red, orange or yellow.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free