Derive relation between heat of reaction at constant pressure & at constant volume?

Derive relation between heat of reaction at constant pressure & at constant volume?

Grade:12th pass

2 Answers

Sajal Pandey
22 Points
6 years ago
Chemistry Stack Exchangesign up log inQuestions Tags Users Badges AskRead this post in our app!up vote2down votefavoriteThe difference between heat of reaction at constant pressure and that at constant volumehomework physical-chemistry thermodynamics heatIf supposing the kp value of a reaction is 10 Atm at 300K and 4atm at 400K. Then how can we say that the difference between the heat of reaction at constant pressure and that at constant volume is RT for the above reaction? How do we go about approaching this problem? Do we use the vant Hoffs equation? I tried the ideal gas equation also but didn`t get this RT. Also I think since change in enthalpy is -ve so reaction is exothermic. But how do we go ahead solving this problem? please help me. (The exact question is - the kp value of a reaction is 10 Atm at 300K and 4atm at 400K. The incorrect statement about the reaction is- A. The reaction is exothermic B. The rate of forward direction is more than that of backward reaction. C. The rate of backward reaction increases more than that of forward reaction with increase of temperature(exoteric I think) D. The difference between heat of reaction at constant pressure and that at constant volume is RT.)
abhishek singh
16 Points
6 years ago
Heat of reaction at constant pressure is enthaply.Q_{p} = \bigtriangleup H      Heat of reaction at constant volume is internal energy. Q_{v} = \bigtriangleup U
we know enthapy and internal energy relationship at const pressure as \bigtriangleup H = \bigtriangleup U +P\bigtriangleup V that is  Q_{p} = Q_{v} + P\bigtriangleup V or it can also be written as Q_{p} = Q_{v} + nR\bigtriangleup T​.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free