What is the work done on a system which involves the combustion of 1 mole of hydrogen at 1.0 atm with 0.5 moles of oxygen at 0.5 atm to make 1 mole of liquid water at 290.15 K at a pressure of 1 atm? I am told the answer is 3614 J/mole (from tne Bureau of Standards Journal of Research - The Heat of Formation of Water by Rossini - unfortunately I don't have the complete reference). I get 3617 J/mole so I am off by 3 J/mole. Using the Van der Waals equation didn't give the correct result either.

What is the work done on a system which involves the combustion of 1 mole of hydrogen at 1.0 atm with 0.5 moles of oxygen at 0.5 atm to make 1 mole of liquid water at 290.15 K at a pressure of 1 atm?  I am told the answer is 3614 J/mole (from tne Bureau of Standards Journal of Research - The Heat of Formation of Water by Rossini - unfortunately I don't have the complete reference).  I get 3617 J/mole so I am off by 3 J/mole.  Using the Van der Waals equation didn't give the correct result either. 

Grade:

0 Answers

No Answer Yet!

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free