activation energy is "treshold energy - ground state energy" OR "threshold energy-intial potential energy" OR "thresold energy -initial kinetic energy" i want to know which one the above are true and if 2nd and 3rd are true then what do they mean by"initial kinetic energy and intial potential energy" do initial kinetis energy and initial potential energy are calculated at S.T.P. OR N.T.P? PLEASE GIVE ME CLARITYIN THIS TOPIC ,. OUR TEACHERS ARE UNABLE TO UNDERSTAND ALL THESE DOUBTS AS WELL AS THEY ARE UNABLE TO CLEAR THSE DOUBTS THANKS A LOT FOR THE IITIAN WHO GIVES A CLARITY FOR ME ABOUT THIS QUESTION

activation energy is "treshold energy - ground state energy"

OR

"threshold energy-intial potential energy"

OR

"thresold energy -initial kinetic energy"

i want to know which one the above are true

and if 2nd and 3rd are true then what do they mean by"initial kinetic energy and intial potential energy"

do initial kinetis energy and initial potential energy are calculated at S.T.P.   OR N.T.P?

PLEASE GIVE ME CLARITYIN THIS TOPIC ,.

OUR TEACHERS ARE UNABLE TO UNDERSTAND ALL THESE DOUBTS AS WELL AS THEY ARE UNABLE TO CLEAR THSE DOUBTS

THANKS A LOT FOR THE IITIAN WHO GIVES A CLARITY FOR ME ABOUT THIS QUESTION

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Aman Bansal
592 Points
13 years ago

dear nikhil,

All matter is made up of molecules. Many molecules can peacefully co-exist almost indefinitely. Some molecules, however, cause some kind of reaction when they come into contact with certain molecules. For this reaction to occur, the molecules must be brought extremely close together and in a particular orientation. Activation energy is also involved in many reactions, because typically, reactions also involve the breaking of pre-existing bonds.

BEST OF LUCK..!!!!

Don’t forget to approve the answer if it is beneficial to you…!!

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar : Click here to download the toolbar.. 

AMAN BANSAL               

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free