A certain quantity of an organic liquid (mol. wt. 85) was introduced into an air filled flask of volume 6.5 L and sealed at Temperature of 17 degrees C and 760 mm og Hg . The flask was heated to a temperature of 307 degrees C where liquid is completely vaporized and the pressure is registered 4.3 atm . Calculate the amount of organic liquid introduced into the flask.

A certain quantity of an organic liquid (mol. wt. 85) was introduced into an air filled flask of volume 6.5 L and sealed at Temperature of 17 degrees C and 760 mm og Hg . The flask was heated to a temperature of 307 degrees C where liquid is completely vaporized and the pressure is registered 4.3 atm . Calculate the amount of organic liquid introduced into the flask.

Grade:12

2 Answers

Rahul askIITiansExpert.IITR
110 Points
13 years ago
we talk the quantity of organic liquid in terms of moles and then they can be easily converted into grams by Molecular weight.

after the liquid has been completely converted into gaseous state,we use the avagadro's law of same number of moles(i.e. an amount of mixture of IDEAL gas has the moles of gas in the same state irrespective of their chemical differences.

using the final P V and T calculate the net number of moles i.e. no. of moles of air and moles of gasturned organic liquid.

the number of moles of air, which was initially there vcan be calculated in teh same way using P V and T.

subtract the and u will get the answer.

I calculate the answer to be 26.7 grams.

ifficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

DO APPROVE IF THE ANSWER HELPS YOU.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Regards,

Askiitians Experts

Rahul- IIT Roorkee
darshan p
18 Points
13 years ago

HI AKHIL...

the answer for ur question is 11.47 gms.....first u can use the ideal gas equation....pv/t is a constant....then u get the evaporated volume...dat wud be d volume of the gas....u can then take d ratio of this volume to d molar volume and then multiply wit d molecular mass..........

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free