MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: Rs.

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Grade: 12th pass
        why is biomolecular dehydration not appropriate for the preparation of ethyl methyl ether?
9 months ago

Answers : (2)

Arun
15090 Points
							Dear student
1- Bimolecularr dehydration is a way of preparing diethyl ether from the dehydrating action of concentrated sulfuric acid on ethanol. The dehydrating agent, conc. H2SO4 abstracts a hydrogen from one ethanol and a hydroxyl (the -OH group) of the neighbour.By this Sulfuric acid grabs a mole of water.
Regards
Arun (askIITians forum expert)
So this method works only with symmetrical ethers: di[alkyl] ethers.
Methyl Ethyl ether is better prepared from Sodium ethoxide and methanol or Sodium methoxide and ethanol.
Moreover you will get three ethers if you try to react methanol + ethanol with sulfuric acid at high temp in a bimolecular dehydration reaction. So you will get all possible combinations including ethyl methyl ether, dimethyl ether and diethyl ether.
9 months ago
Dffhddggdsr
13 Points
							I don`t know what you think of the most of the most of the most of the most of the most of the most of the most of the best way to go to the right to monitor and I am a man they wish to be a bit more about the real world, and a couple more days of receiving your email. You should also be used to work in a few weeks, but the most of my 6 to get the best, and the rest. . The comments. .

6 months ago
Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?
Answer & Earn Cool Goodies

Get Extra Rs. 1,590 off

COUPON CODE: SELF10

Course Features

• 731 Video Lectures
  • Revision Notes
  • Previous Year Papers
  • Mind Map
  • Study Planner
  • NCERT Solutions