MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: Rs.

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Grade:

What is meant by inductive effect???????????????????????
8 months ago

Answers : (4)

Arun
20299 Points

The effect on electron density in one portion of a molecule due to electron-withdrawing or electron-donating groups elsewhere in the molecule.

An inductive effect is an electronic effect due to the polarisation of σ bonds within a molecule or ion. This is typically due to an electronegatvity difference between the atoms at either end of the bond.
8 months ago
Deepak Kumar Shringi
askIITians Faculty
4376 Points
							Inductive effect: Theeffecton electron density in one portion of a molecule due to electron-withdrawing or electron-donating groups elsewhere in the molecule.

8 months ago
Sunita
15 Points

I effect is a permanent effect,and it decrease with increase in distance, consider
C-B-A-X   ,here let X more elecrongegative group  ,so it attracts electrons from the  bond between  A-X and A becomes partially   negative ,similarly A attracts electron cloud   of bond between AB,,but after 3 bonds this effect reduces to a great extent,this is -I effect ,,same as with +I 
8 months ago
Shikha
17 Points

Inductive effect comes in play when there is an electropositive or electronegative atom attatched to the carbon chain. For eg if chlorine is attatched to the carbon chain it attracts the electrons towards itself and a partial positive charge is developed on the carbon.furthur this carbon attracts electron from the next carbon
This effect generally play a role upto 3 carbon atoms.
It is a weaker effect than resonance
8 months ago
Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?
Answer & Earn Cool Goodies

Course Features

• 731 Video Lectures
  • Revision Notes
  • Previous Year Papers
  • Mind Map
  • Study Planner
  • NCERT Solutions
  • Discussion Forum