send me organic chemistry reagents list with their function and the list should contain like fehlings reagent,tollens reagent etc.... please send me fast

send me organic chemistry reagents list  with their function and the list should contain like fehlings reagent,tollens reagent etc....
please send me fast

Grade:12

1 Answers

sufi digital
32 Points
9 years ago
fehling’s reagent – used to differentiate between aldehyde and ketone functional group. reacts with aldehyde and gives reddish brown ppt but not with ketone. 
tollen’s reagent- it is ammonical silver nitrate- forms silver mirror with aldehyde but does not react with ketone. 
Baeyer’s reagent- sol. of alk. KMnO4. used to test presence of unsaturation in an organic compound.
Grignard reagent- RMgX. used for alkylation of aldehydes and ketones.
NBS- N-bromo succinamide. used in substitution reaction.
DIBAL-H – diisobutylaluminium hydride. a reducing agent. reduces nitriles to aldehyde.
Lucas reagent- conc. HCl and ZnCL2. used to distinguish between primary secondary and tertiary alcohols.
Hydrazine- used in wolf kishner reduction.
LiAlH4- lithium aluminium hydride. a reducing agent.
Hinsberg’s reagent- benzenesulphonyl chloride. helps to distinguish between primary secondary and tertiary amines.
Jones reagent- solution of CrO3 in dil. H2SO4. used for oxidation of alcohols to ketones and aldehydes.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free