Rank the following in decresing order of heat of hydrogenation(Plz......plz.....solve it it is from M.S.Chouhan. I have doubt only in 2 and 4 bcz 2 have 5alphaH while 4 have 8 alpha H still 4 has more heat of hydrogenation why???plz......plz......explain it as soon as possible.)

Rank the following in decresing order of heat of hydrogenation(Plz......plz.....solve it it is from M.S.Chouhan. I have doubt only in 2 and 4 bcz 2 have 5alphaH while 4 have 8 alpha H still 4 has more heat of hydrogenation why???plz......plz......explain it as soon as possible.)

Question Image
Grade:12th pass

2 Answers

Joseph jagdish
9 Points
5 years ago
We see the number of π bonds while calculating heat of hydrogenation.More the number of π bonds more is the heat of hydrogenation.
V Prakash
29 Points
5 years ago
heat of hydrogenation is inversely proportional to stability of compound. stability is proportional to number of alpha hydrogens to the double bond (which means the no. of hyperconjugational structures). iv has 8, iii and ii have six and i has 5. among iii and ii iii is more stable as it has conjugated double bonds. hence the answer is (D)

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free