Please give me the correct stability order for Cabocation. In different books different orders are thereWhich is correct

Please give me the correct stability order for Cabocation. In different books different orders are thereWhich is correct

Grade:12th pass

3 Answers

Vikas TU
14149 Points
7 years ago
Hi,
for the stability of carbocation always remember this trick,
+MR HI
This is the order of checking the stability in sequence wise.
+M => +mesomeric effect {learn the +M effect showing series}
Resonance
Hyperconjugation
+I effect {+r effect}

Umakant biswal
5349 Points
7 years ago
@ joseph 
1- increasing substitution increaseas stability 
we look at the no. of bonding electrons that are attached to carbocation beacuse those bonding electrons , will help in allivating the +ve charge . 
bonding electron from adjacent sigma bond may overlap with the unoccupied p orbital of the carbocation . 
this is what we called hyperconjugation . 
since the overlap supplies electron density to the electron deficient carbocation carbon , we predict the increasing number of hyperconjugative interactions increase carbocation stability . 
increasing the no of bonds adjacent to carbocation by increasing the no. of alkyl group , attached to carbocation carbon result in increasing the stability . 
thatswhy tertiary should be more stable than secondary . 
so, primary
BUT this case might vary case by case , 
if u have any kind of exception example then u can ask , i will give the reason 
all the best 
Amay chugh
29 Points
7 years ago
Generally the stability of carbocation is tertiary > secondary > primary > methyl this is generally decided by mesomerism ,inductive effect and the hyperconjugation

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free