Continue Shopping
Menu
Grade: 12

Is ncert theory is enough for organic chemistry on iit jee level
10 months ago

Answers : (1)

Darsh patel
103 Points

Actually the myth in the JEE preparation spreaded all over India that ncert is enough for organic chemistry is wrong.Actually ncert doesn't have reaction mechanism of many of the reaction and even don't include some of the reaction like clemmenson reduction,wurtz reaction and many more in chapters like hydrocarbon ,alcohol,etc.We don't have any information a about the consequences in a reaction.Its misbenrfits and the mechanism to obtain the product. So I would prefer you books like Solomon and fryhle by MS Chauhan and ARIhANT organic chemistry textbook by RK Gupta and ranjeet shahi if you want to clear all the mechanism and do better in organic chemistry.If you are going to any coaching.Coaching material and lecture notes are enough for organic chemistry.But the thing to be noted is that at least you have to read ncert for whole chemistry once or twice before the Mains exam as some question are directly asked from NCERT in the JEE Mains exam.the fact is also observed in previous years paper. So plz follow my guideline.I want no bad for you and best of luck for your preparation.Plz approve my answer

10 months ago
Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?
Answer & Earn Cool Goodies

Course Features

• 731 Video Lectures
  • Revision Notes
  • Previous Year Papers
  • Mind Map
  • Study Planner
  • NCERT Solutions
  • Discussion Forum
  • Test paper with Video Solution