I am in the middle class 11 right now, is Morrison Boyd the best book for me for the rest one and a half years, I Will be studying it in addition with NCERT and FIITJEE package is this a good strategy for organic our should I go with some other book?

I am in the middle class 11 right now, is Morrison Boyd the best book for me for the rest one and a half years, I Will be studying it in addition with NCERT and FIITJEE package is this a good strategy for organic our should I go with some other book?

Grade:11

4 Answers

Harsh Patodia IIT Roorkee
askIITians Faculty 907 Points
7 years ago
OPTandon is considered to be best book.Morrison contains lot of out of syllabus content.Its less relevant as compared to othere books. Although you will end up in learning morebuttime is less. So prevent wasting of time as much as you can.
GAGANDEEP SINGH
46 Points
7 years ago
I will suggest you Essential Organic Chemistry by Ranjeet Shahi. It is a good book with to the point content . It has huge number of questions for practice.The mentioned material is good for quick revision in less time. So use them in the last months of 11 and 12.
Harsha Vardhan
25 Points
7 years ago
L G Wade and Morrison & Boyd more or less are the same.For detailed explanations wade is a better one.Wade has given very nice problems and hints for problems.
Harsh Yadav
11 Points
7 years ago
This question was asked by me and I would like to share my own experience for future reference for anyone with similar queries. I found that Morrison Boyd was too voluminous and didn`t adequately cover all reactions in jee syllabus and a lot was left for the reader to learn through unsolved problems. OP Tandon (edition with Himanshu Pandey as co author) has everything that is there in syllabus and is a very well organised book, it has more than enough number of problems and is the best book for jee organic chemistry

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free