I am confused with aromatic , anti & non aromatic... i mean i can identify them but in certain ques i m not able to identify non aromatic because of the non planar stuff.. like in this ques! Pls someone help me....

I am confused with aromatic , anti & non aromatic... i mean i can identify them but in certain ques i m not able to identify non aromatic because of the non planar stuff.. like in this ques! Pls someone help me....

Question Image
Grade:12

3 Answers

Arnav Prasad
44 Points
8 years ago
The question you sent should be Non-Aromatic.

In your question, there is no lone pair in the Nitrogen. It does have a positive charge, BUT it is connected by 4 bonds and it’s octet is complete. So, no conjugation takes place through the atom N(+).

Positive charged atom is consider in conjugation IF AND ONLY IF the octet of that atom is incomplete.
Concept to be noted.

No conjugation.
Thus, Non-Aromatic.
raj
383 Points
8 years ago
hello riya,
due to the flametest you can identify the aromatic or not.while sooty flame is came that is aromatic.
or else in the given structure identify the ring is presence or not.if ring structure is there that is aromatic.
mohan
53 Points
8 years ago
hello riya.....,
There is simple logic..,
The given question is in the form of straight line, that is non aromatic , i.e.., aliphatic compound
which has the ring structure that is aromatic
and sooty flame is formed that is aromatic compound

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free