How will you convert glucose into frutose and vice versa

How will you convert glucose into frutose and vice versa

Grade:12th pass

3 Answers

Arun
25750 Points
6 years ago

Isomerization of glucose to fructose First, an understanding of the forms of glucose and fructose is needed. This isomerization converts glucose which is not very sweet to fructose, the most sweet of the natural sugars. Syrups from this process compete with sucrose (cane sugar) in many food applications. Almost all manufacturers of soft drinks use high fructose syrups because they are less expensive than sucrose. This was devastating to world prices of cane sugar and crippled the economies of some countries.The isomerization of glucose to fructose is part of the “glycolysis” cycle that converts glucose to pyruvate. The way this is done is to isomerize the aldehyde (hemiacetal) glucose to the ketone (as a hemiacetal) fructose,and make another phosphate ester. The isomerization takes advantage of the ease of breakage of a C-H bond which involves a carbon next to a carbonyl carbon. This is important in the next step which cleaves the bond between carbons three and four of fructose. It is noted that this bond involves the carbon next to the carbonyl carbon of fructose. This cleavage would not have been possible without the isomerization of glucose to fructose, because the carbonyl group of glucose is too far from carbons three and four to make that bond breakable.

To convert pyruvate to glucose, the cells use a process called "gluconeogenesis," explain Campbell and Farrell. This involves the use of many different enzymes, and ultimately takes place through a series of many steps and chemical transformations. Glucose generated by gluconeogenesis is indistinguishable chemically from glucose ingested in the form of sugar or starch, and the cells can use it in the same ways: It can either be burned for immediate energy or stored, though conditions requiring glucose generation would likely necessitate immediate burning of the.In this way fructose also changes to glucose by the reverse process of glycolysis (gluconeogenesis).

Elisa Keily
28 Points
one year ago
Hello everyone, my name is Elisa Keily I am so overwhelmed with joy all thanks to Dr Raypower spell. My husband left me for another woman a few years back and I was very devastated cause I never did anything wrong to him, I was left with my two kids and a job that pays little. I was almost giving up until I saw a testimony online about Dr Raypower and I decided to contact him.I explained my problem to him and he assured me I'll see a positive result after 24hurs, surprisingly my husband came back the day after the spell begging me to forgive him and promised to never leave. My husband has been back for 6 months now and we've never had any issues, am glad I didn't doubt Dr Raypower cause he sure can solve any problems with fast relief you can also contact him for help now
Email: Urgentspellcast@gmail. com 
WhatsApp: +2348123345491
Belinda Hicks
31 Points
one year ago
Real Spell Caster 2022/2023 Get Your EX Lover Back No Matter Why They Left You, Contact DR PETER Whatsapp  +1 (646) 494-4360   

Hello friends, This is my testimony on how my husband came back to me.. I want to say a very big thanks and appreciation to DR PETER spell caster for bringing back my husband who left me for almost 2 year, I feel like my life is completely over, so one day as i was surfing on the internet for recommend spell caster who will help me to bring my husband back, Finally i met a writing how so many testimony talking about how DR PETER help to restore relationships back within some few days, I laugh it out and said i am not interested but because i was so desperate, i decided to give it a try so i contacted the spell caster called DR PETER and explain my problems to him, and he was so nice and also consoling which was really great, then he started the love spell luckily within 48 hours my husband really called me and started apologizing for all he had caused me and be begging me to accept him back and we are living together and happily married I am the happiest woman on earth today because DR PETER has done a wonderful deeds in my life and i will continue to share this testimony, contact him on his email  directly on WHATS-APP  +1 (646) 494-4360

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free