Hi. Im presently studying in 11th standard and preparing for attempting JEE in 2019, im planning to start my preparation from now. Doing CSE in the IITs has always been a dream, im prepared to work hard for it. So, i would like to know which is the best book for organic chemistry(theory). I have been searching all over the internet and quora only to find out that morrison boyd, solomons and fryhle(by mschouhan) and LG wade( came to know about lg wade from aman goel's blog AIR33 in 2013) are one of the best ones at present for IITJEE. Im very confused which one from these is the best. Im good at math and physics while not so good at chemistry(especially organic chemistry) so i want to start learning from the very beggining of organic chemistry and master it upto the JEE level in case to get one of the top rank in JEE. According to what i came to know is that morrison boyd is of high level and lacks some part of the syllabus. Solomons and fryhle is better for beginners and Lg wade also lacks some part of general organic chemistry which is important. Please suggest me a book which covers the whole of theory related to organic chemistry for jee and also doesnt have extra theory which is not needed. Please note that im a beginner. Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance. Please reply asap.

Hi. Im presently studying in 11th standard and preparing for attempting JEE in 2019, im planning to start my preparation from now. Doing CSE in the IITs has always been a dream, im prepared to work hard for it. So, i would like to know which is the best book for organic chemistry(theory). I have been searching all over the internet and quora only to find out that morrison boyd, solomons and fryhle(by mschouhan) and LG wade( came to know about lg wade from aman goel's blog AIR33 in 2013) are one of the best ones at present for IITJEE. Im very confused which one from these is the best. Im good at math and physics while not so good at chemistry(especially organic chemistry) so i want to start learning from the very beggining of organic chemistry and master it upto the JEE level in case to get one of the top rank in JEE. According to what i came to know is that morrison boyd is of high level and lacks some part of the syllabus. Solomons and fryhle is better for beginners and Lg wade also lacks some part of general organic chemistry which is important. Please suggest me a book which covers the whole of theory related to organic chemistry for jee and also doesnt have extra theory which is not needed. Please note that im a beginner. Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance. Please reply asap.

Grade:11

1 Answers

Ravleen Kaur
askIITians Faculty 1452 Points
5 years ago
The best book i ever found ispeter sykes-reaction. It is really helpful.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free