Hi im currently studying in 11th grade would like to start my preparation for the IITJEE from now so it doesnt get late. Its always been a dream to study at one of the top IITs. Im good at math and physics but not at chmeistry(especially at organic chemistry) so i have been searching for the best book to study for theory in order to get one of the top ranks of less than AIR100. Im aiming for the JEE2019. As far as i know from searching all over the web, i came to know about the books Morrison and boyd, LG wade( came to know about lg wade book from AIR33(2013) aman goel's blog) and solomons and fryhle(by ms chouhan) are the top most books at present for organic chemistry. And according to my knowledge morrison boyd is good but is of high level from jee and lacks a little of syllabus. LG wade is good for beginners but lacks some important part of general organic chemistry. And solomons and fryhle is not very good for beginners apart from that its a very good book. So from all this im very confused which one to get. I have seen the list for the best books for IITJEE preparation on this website but got more confused as it showed a long list for organic chemistry. Please suggest me a book for theory such that even beginners like me can master the concept of organic chemistry upto jee levels and which doesnt lack or has some extra out of syllabus. Please help me and note that im a beginner who wants to secure a top rank and im ready to work hard. But always get confused when it comes to selecting books. Sorry for the long post. Please help me.Thanks in advance.

Hi im currently studying in 11th grade would like to start my preparation for the IITJEE from now so it doesnt get late. Its always been a dream to study at one of the top IITs. Im good at math and physics but not at chmeistry(especially at organic chemistry) so i have been searching for the best book to study for theory in order to get one of the top ranks of less than AIR100. Im aiming for the JEE2019. As far as i know from searching all over the web, i came to know about the books Morrison and boyd, LG wade( came to know about lg wade book from AIR33(2013) aman goel's blog) and solomons and fryhle(by ms chouhan) are the top most books at present for organic chemistry. And according to my knowledge morrison boyd is good but is of high level from jee and lacks a little of syllabus. LG wade is good for beginners but lacks some important part of general organic chemistry. And solomons and fryhle is not very good for beginners apart from that its a very good book. So from all this im very confused which one to get. I have seen the list for the best books for IITJEE preparation on this website but got more confused as it showed a long list for organic chemistry. Please suggest me a book for theory such that even beginners like me can master the concept of organic chemistry upto jee levels and which doesnt lack or has some extra out of syllabus. Please help me and note that im a beginner who wants to secure a top rank and im ready to work hard. But always get confused when it comes to selecting books. Sorry for the long post. Please help me.Thanks in advance.

Grade:11

1 Answers

Akshat Tomar
19 Points
5 years ago
Hey there , To be honest organic chemistry is not a subject that you grasp through one book lile 10th boards. ItsI a really vast subject , tht books you mentioned are all awsme but has the problems you mentioned now i if you wanna go through my suggestion i i would like you to first doebldow the syllabus and write on a paper . Well downloading ebooks will only take half an hour of your time go through the index and check out which book support more syllabus , Though the books are bulky yet thet have concepts , I would like you to go through paula bruce , and one important book you forgot is J.Clayden organic chemistry its an amazing book and cost around 2000 INR on Amazon  im currently studying from that book and its amazing for problems you can go to your nearest book store and Ask for R.K GUPTA ARIHANT  OBJECTIVE BOOK FOR CHEMISTRY IIT this book has got many objective questions to solve and tgey are quakuty questions since you are in 11th grade i would seriously like you to go through it and i strobgls recommend for J.Clayden thanks a lot i hope you get selected in IIT of your dream branch Have a bright learning

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free