Hello can anyone can tell me what type of questions can be asked in my exam topic atomic structure?

Hello can anyone can tell me what type of questions can be asked in my exam topic atomic structure?

Grade:8

1 Answers

Simran Vinaik
askIITians Faculty 1230 Points
5 years ago
Important topics are: Discovery of Electron Proton and Neutron.
Atomic models especially Bohr model.
Dual nature of matter: Practice numerical problems on Photoelectric effect, De Broglie’s matter waves, and Heisenberg uncertainty principle. One question is sure shot in the exam from these topics.
Expression for the energy of electron (kinetic energy, potential energy, and total energy), radius of electronic shell, frequency & wavelength of light during transitions of electron and angular momentum of electron in an orbit are frequently used to solve the numerical problem and should be learned properly. You need to practice a lot of numerical problems on each of these topics.
Quantum numbers: These include Principal quantum number (n), Angular Momentum Quantum Number (l), Magnetic Quantum Number (m) and Electron Spin Quantum Number (s).
Shapes of s, p and d orbitals: Electronic configuration of elements, Aufbau’s Principle, Pauli’s exclusion principle, Hund’s rule, rules for filling electrons in atomic orbitals.
For more reference:
https://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee-atomic-structure/solved-questions-of-atomic-structure-part-i/

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free