are alkynes saturated hydrocarbons? isten alkanes supposed to be saturated ? but in your mind map for hydrocarbons--it is given alkynes are saturated and alkanes are not mentioned.pleas tell me which is correct and tell me the meaning of saturated and unsaturated hydrocarbons with examples

are alkynes saturated hydrocarbons? isten alkanes supposed to be saturated ? but in your mind map for hydrocarbons--it is given alkynes are saturated and alkanes are not mentioned.pleas tell me which is correct and tell me the meaning of saturated and unsaturated hydrocarbons with examples

Grade:12

1 Answers

Piyush Kumar Behera
417 Points
7 years ago
as you may be knowing,there are three types of non cyclic or linear hydrocarbons.
saturation:It means absence of any carbon-carbon multiple bond ,or carbon-carbon pie bond.
unsaturation:It means presence of any carbon-carbon multiple bond ,or carbon-carbon pie bond.
alkanes:are saturated because they do not contain any carbon-carbon pie bond
alkenes:are unsaturated because they contain carbon-carbon pie bond i.e double bond.
alkynes:are unsaturated because they contain carbon-carbon pie bond i.e triple bond.
Never confuse among this three..
if you are really helped by my solution then please approve.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free