i have a question it is reducing agent means the property of a element to loose electron to give away with ease as in s block then in group 1 as we move down size increases and there by the i e dcreses and giving electron is easy there ny francium must be the most reducing agent in grp.1 bt y is it LI please ans it

i have  a question it is reducing agent means the property of a element to loose electron to give away with ease as in s block then in group 1 as we move down size increases and there by the i e dcreses and giving electron is easy there ny francium  must be the most reducing agent in grp.1 bt y is it LI please ans it

Grade:

1 Answers

Aanisha Mishra
20 Points
11 years ago

Lithium show anamolous behaviour then rest of the elemants of group 1 in most of the properties. It is certain that reaction cannot take place in solid state. in liquid state litium ion has the highest hydration energy i.e the li ion releases a lot of energy when is hydrated as compared to other elements of group 1 due to its small size.So,it easily loses 1 electron to oxidise itself (in aqueos solution,which is considered in all references by default)

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free