Q.) In the following reaction, determine (A) and (B). (I)Ph 3 P, (ii) BuLi (A) CH CH 3 (iii)(B) (a)C 6 H 5 Cl & CH 3 CHO (b)C 2 H 5 Cl & Cyclo hexenone (C) Cl & HCHO (d) n-chloro hexane & Acetaldehyde CH 3 Answers are given to be (a) and (b). Ans) I have given a try from the options. With (a), the first step made to eliminate Hydrogen Chloride and add Ph 3 P with a double bond. Cl + Ph3P PPh 3 -HCl Now, with butane lithium, I made to add Li + ion to phosphorus. Then, I have stopped working out and it made me confuse. Now with (b), the same position had also arrived at BuLi. I was able to discriminate that the options (c) and (d) do not undergo the reaction. Please reply me.

Q.) In the following reaction, determine (A) and (B).

(I)Ph3P, (ii) BuLi

(A)                                                    CH     CH3

(iii)(B)

(a)C6H5Cl & CH3CHO          (b)C2H5Cl & Cyclo hexenone

(C)                   Cl      & HCHO           (d) n-chloro hexane & Acetaldehyde

CH3

Answers are given to be (a) and (b).

Ans) I have given a try from the options.

With (a), the first step made to eliminate Hydrogen Chloride and add Ph3P with a double bond.

Cl + Ph3P                                                   PPh3

-HCl

Now, with butane lithium, I made to add Li+ ion to phosphorus. Then, I have stopped working out and it made me confuse.

Now with (b), the same position had also arrived at BuLi. I was able to discriminate that the options (c) and (d) do not undergo the reaction.

Please reply me.

Grade:11

1 Answers

Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert
357 Points
13 years ago

Please post your query again.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free