trans-4'-Pentyl-(1,1'-bicyclohexyl)-4-carboxylic acid, also can be called [1,1'-bicyclohexyl]-4-carboxylic acid, 4'-pentyl- ; [1,1'-Bicyclohexyl]-4-carboxylic acid, 4'-pentyl-, (trans,trans)- and so on. And It can be used as the intermediates of Liquid Crystals. I just know little about these chemical, anyone can tell me more information about these chemical, especially about its usage ?

trans-4'-Pentyl-(1,1'-bicyclohexyl)-4-carboxylic acid, also can be called [1,1'-bicyclohexyl]-4-carboxylic acid, 4'-pentyl- ; [1,1'-Bicyclohexyl]-4-carboxylic acid, 4'-pentyl-, (trans,trans)- and so on. And It can be used as the intermediates of Liquid Crystals. I just know little about these chemical, anyone can tell me more information about these chemical, especially about its usage ?

Grade:9

1 Answers

Chetan Mandayam Nayakar
312 Points
12 years ago

The study of liquid crystals began in 1888 when an Austrian botanist named Friedrich Reinitzer observed that a material known as cholesteryl benzoate had two distinct melting points. In his experiments, Reinitzer increased the temperature of a solid sample and watched the crystal change into a hazy liquid. As he increased the temperature further, the material changed again into a clear, transparent liquid. Because of this early work, Reinitzer is often credited with discovering a new phase of matter - the liquid crystal phase.

Liquid crystal materials are unique in their properties and uses. As research into this field continues and as new applications are developed, liquid crystals will play an important role in modern technology. This tutorial provides an introduction to the science and applications of these materials.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free