1.How to prepare for organic chemistry by self study? 2.what is the correct way of reading Solomon/fryhle/Snyder organic chemistry for jee (main and advanced) edited by MS CHAUHAN?

1.How to prepare for organic chemistry by self study?
2.what is the correct way of reading Solomon/fryhle/Snyder organic chemistry for jee (main and advanced) edited by MS CHAUHAN?

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Pawan Prajapati
askIITians Faculty 60787 Points
3 years ago
Answer ::

Now, the syllabus of organic chemistry consists of many topics like GOC, Hydrocarbons, Alkyl halides, Alcohol, ether, Aromatic compounds, etc.
But the paper, if seen from another frame of reference, is only: GOC (acidic strength order, basic strength order, tests, boiling point order, Aromatic character, etc.), Isomerism and rest of it completely reagents. (and rarely Nomenclature).
So, once you have read all of the chapters and have made your basic concepts strong, topics like GOC, Isomerism need just problem solving and rare memorisation. These topics are loved by many students as they need imagination and skills.
Then all you have to do is focus upon the reagents used in all of the remaining chapters like Amines, Alcohol, Aldehydes and Ketones, Carboxylic Acid, etc.

Don't skip any reaction mentioned in NCERT text book and go through the mechanism of the reactions mentioned in NCERT text book..... although direct question on mechanism will not be there but it will help you to remember the reactions....and also to crack some tricky questions

2). For practice questions, I referred to Elementary Problems in Organic Chemistry by M.S. Chouhan (Balaji Publications). I solved if full by the time I gave my boards. And then during the 1 month gap between JEE Mains and JEE Advanced, I revised my coaching notes 6-7 times. I also revised the notes which I made from Solomon Fryhle organic chemistry. I had a habit of solving the questions in the book itself using pencil. Since my M S Chouhan book was full of my pencil marks, I erased each and every bit of those marks from the book and fully solved it again. After this, I came back to previous year JEE questions. This time I was able to solve mostly all the questions correctly. And even many of the questions seemed to be very easy.

Thanks

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free