Sir please explain me where to use differentiation and where to use integration.Questions are like .... Find the gravitational force exerted by a rod on a point mass of mass m .. which is in d distance from the perpendicular bisectors of the rod. In the solution .. they take it as dm and dx which always confuse me .. so plz tell me where to take small mass or distance and not.Thank you

Sir please explain me where to use differentiation and where to use integration.Questions are like .... Find the gravitational force exerted by a rod on a point mass of mass m .. which is in d distance from the perpendicular bisectors of the rod. In the solution .. they take it as dm and dx which always confuse me .. so plz tell me where to take small mass or distance and not.Thank you

Grade:

1 Answers

Mahima Kanawat
1010 Points
6 years ago
For such type of questions you have to first understand the meaning of differentiation and integration.Differentiation means slope and integration means area or sum up.Here , the gravitational force changes with distance and changes at every point.so you have to find it all points and sum it .So you will have to use integaration here to sum up or interate force at all points.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free