tell me most scoring topics in inorganic chemistry .

tell me most scoring topics in inorganic chemistry.

Grade:

2 Answers

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert
148 Points
14 years ago

Dear siri

Important topics in Inorganic Chemistry

Preparation and properties of the following compounds: Oxides,  hydroxides, carbonates,
bicarbonates, chlorides and sulphates of sodium,potassium, magnesium and calcium; Boron:
boric acid and borax; Aluminium: alumina, aluminiumchloride and alums; Carbon: oxides and oxyacid
(carbonic acid); Silicon: silicones, silicates and silicon carbide; Nitrogen: oxides, oxyacids and ammonia;
Phosphorus: oxides, oxyacids (phosphorus acid,phosphoric acid) and phosphine; Oxygen: ozone and
hydrogen peroxide; Sulphur: hydrogen sulphide, oxides, sulphurous acid, sulphuric acid and sodium
thiosulphate; Halogens: hydrohalic acids, oxides and oxyacids of chlorine,

Transition elements (3d series): Definition, general characteristics, oxidation states and their stabilities,
colour (excluding the details of electronic transitions) and calculation of spin-only magnetic moment; Coordination
compounds: nomenclature of mononuclear coordination compounds, cis-trans and ionisation isomerisms,
hybridization and geometries of mononuclear coordination compounds (linear, tetrahedral, square planar and
octahedral).

Preparation and properties of the following compounds:  Oxides and chlorides of tin and lead;
Oxides, chlorides and sulphates of Fe2+, Cu2+ and Zn2+;Potassium permanganate, potassium dichromate, silver
oxide, silver nitrate, silver thiosulphate.

Principles of qualitative analysis:
Ag+, Hg2+, Cu2+, Pb2+,  Fe3+, Cr3+, Al3+, Ca2+,
 Zn2+, and Mg2+);

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed solution very quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Badiuddin

atharva date
18 Points
12 years ago

Can you give me a list of imp. subject-wise topics which are streesed a lot in IIT-JEE papar??!!

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free