sir,this is Amitesh kumar jha as u know very well that now there is less time has been left so kindly tell me that how and what should i prepare by which i can score maximum marks in jee and get selected for iit.

sir,this is Amitesh kumar jha as u know very well that now there is less time has been left so kindly tell me that how and what should i prepare by which i can score maximum marks in jee and get selected for iit.

Grade:12

2 Answers

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert
148 Points
14 years ago

Dear Amitesh jha

I understand how u feel and what kind of pressure is upon you. First thing u should notice that all the

students who clear JEE are also students like u and dont think that for clearing JEE u need to be a real genius or

something like that.

First of all u be clear in ur conceptual understanding and then concentrate on solving various questions from

different study materials. This wayu can channel the conceptual understanding to the problem solving by solving the

problems related to the concepts that u studied.

DOnt loose ur confidence. Work hard and utilize the time available effectively. Also utilize the faculties of the

coaching centres to know about the techniques of solving the problems and also that what kind of study materials can

give the problems which are more related to the JEE exams..

and regarding the most scoring topics..

The section-wise breakup of marks in the past four years  JEE  has been given below for your reference.

PHYSICS
'Electrostatics and Current Electricity', and 'Electromagnetism'-each of these topics has contributed about 15% to

the total marks

'Optics' too contributes approximately 13% to the IIT-JEE

In the past four years, approximately 20% of the total marks pertain to Mechanics. Within Mechanics, the favorite

topics seem to be 'Rigid Body Rotation' and 'Motion on a Plane'.

'Mechanical Waves' (sound) has accounted for approximately 12% of the total marks.

CHEMISTRY

'Organic Chemistry' has the highest weightage with mean marks of 36%. Topics like 'Isomerism' and 'Name Reactions',

and 'Stability of reaction intermediates' should be thoroughly covered.

'Physical Chemistry' is a close second with a mean weightage of 33%.

'Inorganic Chemistry' and 'General Chemistry' account for 21% and 10% of the total marks. Inorganic Chemistry should

be prepared by studying the group properties and periodicity.

MATHEMATICS
'Calculus' accounts for about 30% of the total marks in JEE Screening.

'Algebra' has a weightage of about 23% of the total marks.

'Analytical Geometry' has a weightage of about 20% of the total marks.

The topics of 'Vectors and 3-D Geometry' and 'Probability' have a weightage of approximately 6% each.

'Trigonometry' carries a weightage of about 9%. It has been observed that this weightage was as high as 17% in JEE

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed solution very quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Badiuddin

Amitesh jha
8 Points
14 years ago

Thankyou sir, for giving me such a logical idea for the preration of jee. but my problem is any thing else, i want to know the most probable questions or type of questions what can be ask in jee-2010. and one thing more that what i have prepared till now is not sufficient  then can it possible that after getting my questions answer i will get selected in iit.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free