How can i score more marks in IIT JEE Advanced 2014 ???

How can i score more marks in IIT JEE Advanced 2014 ???

Grade:12

2 Answers

Ambuj Bansal
37 Points
10 years ago

see each question has same amount of marks so attempt those question which r easy first dont try on luck simply answer those which u r sure about

Tuhin Chakraborty
24 Points
10 years ago

For science/maths students in general, and IIT-JEE or PMT aspirants in particular, learning the skills of problem solving is very important.Questions and problems in science (especially physics!) and maths contain factual, conceptual, theoretical and numerical ingredients all entangled with each other.And this makes solving them tough for the beginners.That is why students begin to fear Physics and Maths because these two subjects requires finest quality of problem solving skills from students.There is no universal technique that can solve all problems because different problems usually require different methods and approaches for successful solution. Nevertheless, if a student works systematically then soon problem solving will become fun for him/her.

Thus for the benefits of the student community (or any body who is interested in learning the art of the problem solving) I have presented below a sequence of steps that, if followed, can immensely help in solving questions in Physics and Maths.

PART-1:

• Read The Question/Problem carefully.
  • Identify what is being asked.
  • Make a list of knowns and unknowns.
  • Note carefully the information given.(Sometimes, some informations which are part of general-knowledge are not specifically given.Note such relevant informations-if any.)
  • Sketch a neat diagram or a rough graph to aid your thinking.(Diagrams and graphs should be drawn in such a way that they describe the situation of the problem clearly.)
  • If you can make an estimate of the final solution (by reasoning or some logical guess!), then you must do that. Because at the end when you actually get your answer by solving the problem then you can check the truthfulness of your answer by comparing it with your estimate.

PART-2 :

• Write a verbal description of relationship among all quantities.
  • Write all relevant formulae known to you involving known and unknown quantities.
  • Examine similar problems to see if their solution techniques are applicable.
  • Look for a pattern so that you may think upto many steps ahead of your calculations.
  • You may start with a special simpler case to gain insight.
  • Sometimes a problem may be broken into two or more number of non-overlaping cases and each case may be solved separately.

PART-3:

• DO all calculations according to your decided plan.
  • Check your solution with your estimate and graph. Does it make sense? Does it seem resonable?
  • If every thing seems fine, then you have got your solution.

WARNING:- Never use too many books.Always study from one or at most two good books.First study a chapter from a text book and only after finishing from text book, you should use any guide or reference books You should not buy all the following books.Buy one text book and one IIT-JEE guide in each subject. Go to a book shop and see all the books listed below.The one that appeals you more is the one that you should buy.

Recommended Books:

1. NCERT-books;
  2. Concept of Physics-by H.C.Verma : Exercises and solved numericals of this book are of high quality;
  3. Plane Coordinate Geometry- by S.L.Loney: Contains detailed treatment of the subject.But style of presentation is a bit old fashioned.
  4. Objective Mathematics- by R.D.Sharma
  5. IIT-Maths-by M.L.Khanna;
  6. IIT Guides-Tata McGrow Hill Publication;
  7. MCQ Maths-by Das Gupta(Bharti Bhavan Publication);
  8. PHYSICS Part 1&2-by Resnik and Halliday;
  9. Book by IRODOV for Problems in Physics.
  10. Maths books by K.C.Sinha from Student''s Friends Publication: Books by this author is meant to be used as reference books only.
  11. Books and Guides of Arihant Prakashan:There are several titles available for IIT-JEE in this publication.Choose the suitable one that fulfills your requirement.Books in "Objective Approach..." series and "New Pattern IIT..." series are particularly good.
  12. Books and Guides of MTG- Publication:There are several titles available for IIT-JEE in this publication.Choose the suitable one that fulfills your requirement.

Selecting text book for Physics: Advice

Many students ask to me "From which book should I study Physics?". The wording of their Question gives an impression to me that the availability of great number text books in Physics for IIT-JEE preparation has totally confused them.

My advice to all such students is very simple and straight forward: read basic concepts from any one good book. Do not read any topic from too many books. Start a topic or a chapter by reading it from NCERT first.Solve all problems contained in NCERT.Then do some problems of the type asked in entrance exams from that topic. After this, you will be able to judge for yourself if reading that topic/chapter from some advanced book is necessary or not. If you feel that what you learnt from NCERT is not enough to solve questions in competitive exams then (and only then !) read that topic from some other advanced book.For this you can use "Resnik and Halliday''s book". Other books can also be used according to your personal preference.

please approve my answer.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free