can u please tell me the scoring topics in physics regarding iit jee. i am repeater for the exam. i am not perfect with mechanics part. i am not having enough time to read that topic. how can i make a good score by concentrating on other topics?

can u please tell me the scoring topics in physics regarding iit jee. i am repeater for the exam. i am not perfect with mechanics part. i am not having enough time to read that topic. how can i make a good score by concentrating on other topics?

Grade:Upto college level

1 Answers

Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert
357 Points
14 years ago

Dear Satya,

In the past  years, approximately 20% of the total marks pertain to Mechanics. Within Mechanics, the favorite topics seem to be 'Rigid Body Rotation' and 'Motion on a Plane'. Topics like 'Simple Harmonic Motion' and 'Work and Energy', on the other hand, have been accorded relatively less priority for these years. Apparently, students have to be thoroughly prepared with Mechanics as it forms almost one-fifth of the whole JEE Screening paper. It is important for students to realize that Mechanics is very important

You should spend more time on these topics and try to earn full marks in such topics. list a few of these topics:

MODERN PHYSICS AND ELECTRONICS :most of the questions easy and similar to past JEE questions.

WAVE OPTICS :most of the questions are similar to past JEE questions

Electrostatics and Current Electricity', and 'Electromagnetism'-each of these topics has contributed significantly to the total marks in the past years. Students should devote enough of their preparation time to the coverage of Electromagnetism and Electrostatics; because together they constitute almost one-third of the total marks and can be more scoring as the degree of difficulty when compared to Mechanics is relatively low.

'Optics' too contributes a fine amount to the IIT-JEE test. Within Optics, it has been observed that problems on Physical optics are more frequent than that on Geometrical optics. Students should take care to devote about 10% of time on Optics for robust preparation.

Thanks and All the Best !!!!

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free