Hello, I am intrested in admission in Mechanical / Production engineering field. Do I stand a chance for IITs if my score of JEE adavnced comes near to 130. Please guide & respond.

Hello,

I am intrested in admission in Mechanical / Production engineering field.

Do I stand a chance for IITs if my score of JEE adavnced comes near to 130.

Please guide & respond.

Grade:12

2 Answers

Nondita
88 Points
5 years ago
Dear student, chances are that you will get some IIT still if by chance you fail to get one don’t get disheartened. Opt for some of the good private universities like LPU, SRM, VIT, etc offering various specializations in B.Tech.
They have their different criteria for admissions. Some offer admission on basis of JEE scores, some offer admission on basis of their own tests and some offer admission on the basis of both. Some even offer direct admission on basis of your marks in class 12. Some of the universities also offer scholarships on basis of your performance in class 12 or JEE or even during the course.
All these universities offer world class learning atmosphere to students along with good placements. Check their websites for more details.
Good luck.
SS
140 Points
5 years ago
There are chances but you should not stop trying in some other reputed institutes too.

B.Tech (4 years, after class 12) The engineering courses in India are regulated and set up under the aegis of the University Grants Commission (UGC) Admission is usually through an engineering entrance examination.
If you had done both science and mathematics , so there are lots of options available for you which you can choose for your further career like you can go for engineering in different streams like B.Tech in CSE(Computer science engineering), Information technology(IT), Mechanical engineering(ME), Civil engineering, Chemical engineering, Biomedical engineering, Biotechnology, Food technology, Electrical engineering, Electrical and Electronics engineering, Electronics and Computer engineering, Chemical engineering, Automobile engineering, CHE- Petroleum, Aerospace engineering, ME- Mechatronics.

So above are the streams which you can choose if you have done both science and mathematics. The most important thing which rely totally on your area of your interest. When you are sure about your area of interest then you can choose the above engineering streams for pursuing your graduation.

There may not be many institutes and universities which will be offering you all such engineering courses in one campus . You should prefer the university or institute which offers you good placements and good practical and industrial exposure also and should have good infrastructure also. Different institutes and universities which offer such courses are

• Lovely Professional University,
  •  
  • Birla Institute of technology,
  •  
  • KIIT University,
  •  
  • Jaipur national university and few others.
I hope it helps.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free