Question-1- When we give a jerk(force) to a string ,there arise waves in the string ,so we can conclude that a force is necessary for a wave .But according de-Broglie every object posses a wavelength given by - h/mv,here it is not mentioned that any force is acting on it because the formula only states that the necessary condition to have wavemotion is that particle must have mass and velocity(v,m not= 0).Is there any force which is responsible for the object to move in (de-Broglie) wavemotion? If not then why if we throw a ball straight then it it will also have a wavemotion,there must some fictitious force? So my question is when a body is thrown in straight line it will move in wavemotion without presence of any force? Is this wavemotion is only on earth or it is also present in zero gravity and near black holes? Is this force acts on a body moving with a velocity comparable to that of light? Question-2- Gravitational and electrostatic forces are centric forces(act between line joing the centre of two bodies), but why the magnetic forces act perpendicular to the magnetic field and the velocity(plz give explanation at the atomic level).I want to know that why the direction of that force obey the cross product rule,why force is not along the velocity of that body or along the direction of magnetic field or in any other direction?Is this an experimental law,because i didn't find its explanation in any textbook. I am a student of class XII.

Question-1- When we give a jerk(force) to a string ,there arise waves in the string ,so we can conclude that a force is
 necessary for a wave .But according de-Broglie every object posses a wavelength given by - h/mv,here it is not
 mentioned that any force is acting on it because the formula only states that the  necessary condition to have
wavemotion is that particle must have mass and velocity(v,m not= 0).Is there any force which is responsible for
 the object to move in (de-Broglie) wavemotion? If not then why if we throw a ball straight then it it will also
 have a wavemotion,there must some fictitious force?
So my question is when a body is thrown in straight line it will move in wavemotion without presence of any force?
Is this wavemotion is only on earth or it is also present in zero gravity and near black holes?
Is this force acts on a body moving with a velocity comparable to that of light?

Question-2- Gravitational and electrostatic forces are centric forces(act between line joing the centre of two bodies),
but why the magnetic forces act perpendicular to the magnetic field and the velocity(plz give explanation at the
atomic level).I want to know that why the direction of that force obey the cross product rule,why force is not along
the velocity of that body or along the direction of magnetic field or in any other direction?Is this an experimental
law,because i didn't find its explanation in any textbook.

I am a student of class XII.

Grade:10

1 Answers

shubham sharda
360 Points
8 years ago
  1. The debroglie waves associated with an object is its characterstic property. You are confusing normal waves with debroglie waves. Every object has debroglie waves. These waves signify the probability of finding the object in a particular position. It does not mean that the object will move in wave like motion.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free