hey guys if we see the decay of a nucleus in to a smaller nucleus and alpha particles.....by applying momentum and energy conservation i've derrived one formula for the kinetic energy of the alpha particle to be (A-4)Q/A..........and Q is the energy of the reaction released...........where A is the mass no. of the parent nucleus and this formula is applicable only if the parent nucleus can recoil if not then the kinetic energy of the alpha particle is Q..........now in many questions i've seen in which its not mentioned that whether nucleus can recoil or not and in some question answers r coming by that formula and in some question the answer is coming from the value of Q plz someone tell me when do we hav to consider recoil and when not to.................rates assured to the perfect answer

hey guys if we see the decay of a nucleus in to a smaller nucleus and alpha particles.....by applying momentum and energy conservation i've derrived one formula for the kinetic energy of the alpha particle to be (A-4)Q/A..........and Q is the energy of the reaction released...........where A is the mass no. of the parent nucleus and this formula is applicable only if the parent nucleus can recoil if not then the kinetic energy of the alpha particle is Q..........now in many questions i've seen in which its not mentioned that whether nucleus can recoil or not and in some question answers r coming by that formula and in some question the answer is coming from the value of Q plz someone tell me when do we hav to consider recoil and when not to.................rates assured to the perfect answer

Grade:10

0 Answers

No Answer Yet!

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free