i am not able to understand Q value in case of nuclear reactions in HC VERMA and in some places in HC VERMA it is given recoilimg of daughter nucleus, as HC VERMA has not given any information regatrding this, what actually it means. please send me as much as information as you can so that i can clearly understand both. also there is one law in nuclear reactions that total electric charge remains conserved. what actually it means? please also elaborate it as much as you can.

i am not able to understand Q value in case of nuclear reactions in HC VERMA and in some places in HC VERMA it is given recoilimg of daughter nucleus, as HC VERMA has not given any information regatrding this, what actually it means. please send me as much as information as you can so that i can clearly understand both. also there is one law in nuclear reactions that total electric charge remains conserved. what actually it means? please also elaborate it as much as you can.

Grade:12th Pass

2 Answers

Godfrey Classic Prince
633 Points
12 years ago

Dear minku gaba,

Check out the AskIITians Study material(Physics-Modern Physics) for clearing your doubts !

Here is a link

http://askiitians.com/iit_jee_Modern-Physics

If you have more queries then please be specific about them !

Hope this helped you dear..

If you loved the answer then please do not forget to approve it by clicking on "Yes" below...!!!

Jaya IITK
207 Points
12 years ago

Q value is nothing but the energy released during the nuclear rection.

Total electric charge remains conserved it means u cannot create or destroy charges 

Simple can u create electron or proton or destroy it. Then how can u change charge balance

Plzzzz approve my answer by clicking on yes below!!!!!!!!!!

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free