what is the means of a reactant and a product?......................................................................................................................

what is the means of a reactant and a product?......................................................................................................................

Grade:10

2 Answers

MANOJ KHICHAR
116 Points
3 years ago

In a chemical reaction, the reactants are the substance that are being “mixed together” to for a reaction. I use the term “mixed” loosely to simplify the meaning because sometimes there is only one reactant.

In that same chemical reaction, the substances that are “produced” or “made” as a result of mixing those reactants together are the products. Again, there may be one or many substances produced in a reaction.

Example:

An example that everyone should be able to relate to is “cellular respiration” even if you know what it is called, you will know what I mean when I write it out because you are doing it right now as we speak.

Reactant 1 + Reactant 2 → Product 1 + Product 2

Glucose (sugar) + Oxygen → Carbon dioxide + water vapour

In this case, the reactants come from your food and the air you breathe in. The two products are breathed out as waste products. This reaction gives your cells energy to exist and do things.

Vibekjyoti Sahoo
145 Points
2 years ago

In a chemical reaction, the reactants are the substance that are being “mixed together” to for a reaction. I use the term “mixed” loosely to simplify the meaning because sometimes there is only one reactant.

In that same chemical reaction, the substances that are “produced” or “made” as a result of mixing those reactants together are the products. Again, there may be one or many substances produced in a reaction.

Example:

An example that everyone should be able to relate to is “cellular respiration” even if you know what it is called, you will know what I mean when I write it out because you are doing it right now as we speak.

Reactant 1 + Reactant 2 → Product 1 + Product 2

Glucose (sugar) + Oxygen → Carbon dioxide + water vapour

In this case, the reactants come from your food and the air you breathe in. The two products are breathed out as waste products. This reaction gives your cells energy to exist and do things.

THank u

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free