Two blocks of masses 3kg and 2kg are placed aover each other. 2kg block is above 3kg. The coefficient of friction between two blocks is 0.2. And between 3kg block and ground is 0.1. A horizontal forces of 5N and 10N is applied on 2kg and3kg respectively from left direction. Find accelerations of both the blocks ?. Sir in these types of question please help me to understand that how to determine the directions of frictional forces on both the blocks when we do not know whether is relative motion between them or not. Also we do not know accelerations of them. After finding directions of frictional forces, how we will determine that where the limiting friction will be used between the two blocks or lower block and ground. Sir please clear my dout.

Two blocks of masses 3kg and 2kg are placed aover each other. 2kg block is above 3kg. The coefficient of friction between two blocks is 0.2. And between 3kg block and ground is 0.1. A horizontal forces of 5N and 10N is applied on 2kg and3kg respectively from left direction. Find accelerations of both the blocks ?. Sir in these types of question please help me to understand that how to determine the directions of frictional forces on both the blocks when we do not know whether is relative motion between them or not. Also we do not know accelerations of them. After finding directions of frictional forces, how we will determine that where the limiting friction will be used between the two blocks or lower block and ground. Sir please clear my dout.

Grade:11

1 Answers

Tejus
35 Points
6 years ago
on block of mass 3kg friction will act against the motion so f =9N will act so acceleration is 1/3 m/ s² 
on block of mass 2 kg friction in the direction of force so acceleration is 9/2=4.5 m/s²
always start from ground as its known that art to ground relative motion is there
and then proceed

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free