The resultant I R I vector of a vector and b ector is inclined at π/3 to both of them. Which of the following is true? (1) I a I vector ≠ I b I vector (2) I R I vector = I a I vector (3) I a I vector = I b I vector ≠ I R I vector (4) R vector = a vector = b vector Ans. is given (2) but need explanation...pls provide detailed explanation... [ ‘vector’ indicates the ‘→’ sign ]

The resultant I R I vector of a vector and b ector is inclined at π/3 to both of them. Which of the following is true?
(1) I a I vector ≠ I b I vector
(2) I R I vector = I a I vector
(3) I a I vector = I b I vector ≠ I R I vector
(4) R vector = a vector = b vector
Ans. is given (2) but need explanation...pls provide detailed explanation...
[ ‘vector’ indicates the ‘→’ sign ]

Question Image
Grade:12th Pass

1 Answers

Dinesh Nayak
62 Points
6 years ago
yes option two is correct
because resultant vector makes 60 degrees with both a and b vector that is a and b vector together makes 120 degrees.
also when seen through triangle method we see that when two angles are equal (i.e 60 degrees) the third angle is also equal 
but we see that they don’t have the same direction so they are not equal by direction but equal by its magnitude

so all the three |a| vector, |b| vector and |R| resultant vector are equal by magnitude and option two satisfies the condition. the only difference is it did not include |b| vector

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free