The axis of the cylinder in Fig. is fixed. The cylinder is initially at rest. The block of mass M is initially moving to the right without friction and with speed V 1 , It passes over the cylinder to the dashed position. When it first makes contact with the cylinder, it slips on the cylinder, but the friction is large enough so that slipping ceases before M loses contact with the cylinder. The cylinder has a radius R and a rotational inertia I. Find the final speed V 2 , in terms of V I , M, I, and R. This can be done most easily by using the relation between impulse and change in momentum.

The axis of the cylinder in Fig. is fixed. The cylinder is initially at rest. The block of mass M is initially moving to the right without friction and with speed V1, It passes over the cylinder to the dashed position. When it first makes contact with the cylinder, it slips on the cylinder, but the friction is large enough so that slipping ceases before M loses contact with the cylinder. The cylinder has a radius R and a rotational inertia I. Find the final speed V2, in terms of VI , M, I, and R. This can be done most easily by using the relation between impulse and change in momentum.

Grade:11

1 Answers

Kevin Nash
askIITians Faculty 332 Points
8 years ago
234-549_1.PNG
234-1756_1.PNG

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free