Question is in the attachment. I want to ask that in this question when the object reaches it's highest point it won't stop rotating coz the only forces acting are weight downwards and reaction perpendicularly upwards which passes through the center so they won't decreacd it's angular momentum they will just decrease it's linear velocity, if i m correct then none of the options is correct answer. (Note:- This is really the worst site in the world I have asked 3 question all from mechanics and nobody has answered it yet, they only answer easy questions and they don't even think if solving my hard question. If you have the guts then answer all my questions.)

Question is in the attachment. 

I want to ask that in this question when the object reaches it's highest point it won't stop rotating coz the only forces acting are weight downwards and reaction perpendicularly upwards which passes through the center so they won't decreacd it's angular momentum they will just decrease it's linear velocity, if i m correct then none of the options is correct answer.

(Note:- This is really the worst site in the world I have asked 3 question all from mechanics and nobody has answered it yet, they only answer easy questions and they don't even think if solving my hard question. If you have the guts then answer all my questions.)

Question Image
Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Lunatic
13 Points
5 years ago
Hey the surface is curved so the reaction will slightly be displaced in order to produce an anticlockwise torque and will eventually stop it's rotation when it reached the highest point.👍
I myself will have to clear my doubts like this.😂😂

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free