Q)Two beads of equal masses m are attached by a string of length 2 1/2 a and are free to movein a smooth circular ring lying in a vertical plane as shown in the figure.Here, a is the radius of yhe ring.Find the tension and acceleration of B just after the beads are released to move. Sir, I have tried to solve it as in the figure. But I have some doubts as in the image. this types of doubts are common in nearly all problems. Sir, plz clear my doubts by giving some detail description.

Q)Two beads of equal masses m are attached by a string of length 21/2a and are free to movein a smooth circular ring lying in a vertical plane as shown in the figure.Here, a is the radius of yhe ring.Find the tension and acceleration of B just after the beads are released to move.

Sir, I have tried to solve it as in the figure. But I have some doubts as in the image.
this types of doubts are common in nearly all problems. Sir, plz clear my doubts by giving some detail description.

Question Image
Grade:11

1 Answers

Saurabh Kumar
askIITians Faculty 2400 Points
8 years ago
As beads starts moving, its acceleration, dv/dt for the beeds will give you a dynamic equilibrium condition..
mg -Tsin@ = Mdv/dt …..(i) (for vertical beed)
Tcos@ = Mdv/dt -----.....(ii) (for horizontal beed)

Solve the equation and get the answer...

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free