Q- The masses of blocks A,B and C are 1,2 and 0.5kg respectively. All surfaces are smooth . If force F=50N acts as shown at the instant shown. Find the force which A exerts on b and the accl. of C. (ANS= block C will not move. my question is WHY? all sufaces are smooth. Please explain this part clearly especially with the concept of relative accl or pseudo accl and also if it has something to do with centre of mass or conservation of momentum( on block C). ​ 2) accl of a =accl of B=50/3 I did it like 50= (1+2+0.5)accl which comes out to be 100/7. Clear my concept.

Q- The masses of blocks A,B and C are 1,2 and 0.5kg respectively. All surfaces are smooth . If force F=50N acts as shown at the instant shown. Find the force which A exerts on b and the accl. of C. (ANS= block C will not move. my question is WHY? all sufaces are smooth. Please explain this part clearly especially with the concept of relative accl or pseudo accl and also if it has something to do with centre of mass or conservation of momentum( on block C).
2) accl of a =accl of B=50/3
I did it like 50= (1+2+0.5)accl which comes out to be 100/7. Clear my concept.

Question Image
Grade:9

1 Answers

Arun
25750 Points
5 years ago
Dear student

.a=\dfrac{50}{1+2}m/s^2Had there been enough friction that the block C would not slide over B but move along with it, you could have assumed the acceleration of all of them to be same and used your method.However, here, all surfaces are frictionless. Therefore, the block C will slip over block B without exerting any friction. Hence the blocks A and B will move with same acceleration

Regards
Arun (askIITians forum expert)

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free