Q : In the arrangement shown in figure, pulley and string are ideal, find the time period of oscillations of the block. P Comment : If we can find the relation with the displacement of the points P & Q when the block is pulled by a distance x, the problem can be solved. Logically, we find that if the displacement of the point Q is x, the displacement of the point P will be 2x. Q Since the string is in-extensible. This is all right. But , I want to find this relation using the k concept ‘ Work done by all the tension forces is zero’. I want your help at this point. m.

Q : In the arrangement shown in figure, pulley and string are ideal, find the time period of oscillations of the block.
P
Comment : If we can find the relation with the displacement of the points P & Q when the block is pulled by a distance x, the problem can be solved. Logically, we find that if the displacement of the point Q is x, the displacement of the point P will be 2x. Q Since the string is in-extensible. This is all right. But , I want to find this relation using the k concept ‘ Work done by all the tension forces is zero’. I want your help at this point.
m.

Grade:Upto college level

1 Answers

promise
10 Points
10 years ago
word done by all internal forces should be zero

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free