i have a doubt regarding a problem pls help me......it is said that angle of repose of a block on an inclined plane is 45 deg . if the angle of icline is 30 deg...what is the friction force on the block (mass=4 kg) this part is easy ….2nd part says that what is the net contact force and the contact force on the block .??? pls rply soon.....

i have a doubt regarding a problem pls help me......it is said that angle of repose of a block on an inclined plane is 45 deg . if the angle of icline is 30 deg...what is the friction force on the block (mass=4 kg) this part is easy ….2nd part says that what is the net contact force and the contact force  on the block .???    pls rply soon.....

Grade:11

1 Answers

Saurabh Kumar
askIITians Faculty 2400 Points
9 years ago
If the body is stationary, the value of frictional force would be equal to the weight component of the body alonf the inclined plane, i.e. mg sinø.
Angle of repose gives the idea of maximum angle of elevation at which contact breaks......
….….….….….….….….…...
Good Luck...............................................................................................

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free