I had been really good at mechanics and fluid mechanics taught in class eleventh in my jee preparation institute i find interest in solving problems of dynami cs, rotation,e&m,liquids etc. and i am good at maths too again at the jee preparation level. Does dis mean that if I am getting mechanical engineering at a good college I should go for it or if I am getting chemical engineering at a better college then there? though I don't like cramming up things but i am adaptive too. p.s. The colleges are DTU and BITS pilani p.s. Acc to my expected rank i am eligible for everything but not cs at DTU.

I had been really good at mechanics and fluid mechanics taught in class eleventh in my jee preparation institute i find interest in solving problems of dynamics, rotation,e&m,liquids etc. and i am good at maths too again at the jee preparation level. Does dis mean that if I am getting mechanical engineering at a good college I should go for it or if I am getting chemical engineering at a better college then there? though I don't like cramming up things but i am adaptive too.
p.s. The colleges are DTU and BITS pilani
p.s. Acc to my expected rank i am eligible for everything but not cs at DTU.

Grade:12

2 Answers

Nishant Vora IIT Patna
askIITians Faculty 2467 Points
8 years ago
For mechanical engg you will be studing subjects like thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, solid mechanics, dynamics, truss and frame, all these subjects...But all this will be very different from that you have studied sure there will application of all that you have studies. Untill and unless you have mad interest for mechanical take a nuetral decision.
Avinash
askIITians Faculty 1241 Points
8 years ago
When you take up your graduation topics like FLUID MECHANICS, HEAT TRANSFER are in common for both mechanical and chemical engineering and others likeMECHANICS AND DESIGN, MANUFACTURING AND INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING for mech CHEMICAL TECHNOLOGY AND PROCESS OPERTATIONS for chem.
I guess you are more interested in mech operations.Choose which one suits u. All the best.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free