Does Mechanical engineering have scope in India and will it offer placements in companies with good salary? Please tell me this because I am going to Engineering and on the internet it is saying that Mechanical does not have scope!!! Then why did they keep Mechanical engineering.,they should have removed it. I am focused to Mechanical. So, I request you to tell me the reality. Thank you

Does Mechanical engineering have scope in India and will it offer placements in companies with good salary?
Please tell me this because I am going to Engineering and on the internet it is saying that Mechanical does not have scope!!!
Then why did they keep Mechanical engineering.,they should have removed it. I am focused to Mechanical.
So, I request you to tell me the reality.
Thank you

Grade:

1 Answers

Avishek Bhagat
askIITians Faculty 71 Points
3 years ago
Dear Student,

Mechanical engineering is known as the evergreen branch among all the other branches of engineering. Traditionally, mechanical engineers have to deal with concepts such as mechanics, thermodynamics, robotics, kinematics, structural analysis, fluid mechanics with their applications in Automotive Sector, Power Sector, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Sector, Aerospace.
Few job avenues are highlighted below:

Aerospace industry – researches, designs, manufactures, operates and maintains aircraft

Automotive industry – designs, manufactures, distributes and markets motor vehicles

Chemical industry – covers oil companies, chemicals manufacturers and the businesses that support them (e.g. to build new plants or develop new process technologies)

Construction industry – designs and builds infrastructure, buildings and buildings services (e.g. heating and ventilation)

Defence industry – provides equipment, support and services for the armed forces and national security

Electronics industry – designs and manufactures components and complete equipment for sectors from automotive to medicine and the military

Fast moving consumer goods industry – manufactures products such as household cleaning items, personal hygiene goods and convenience foods

Marine industry – develops and helps operate vessels

Materials and metals industry – activities include developing new materials and manufacturing components or end products

Pharmaceuticals industry – develops and manufactures drugs

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free