An object is thrown vertically upward with some speed. It crosses 2 points p,q which are seperated by h meter. If tp is the time between p and highest point and coming back and tq is the time between q and highest point and coming back ,relate acceleration due to gravity,tp,tq, and h

An object is thrown vertically upward with some speed. It crosses 2 points p,q which are seperated by h meter. If tp is the time between p  and highest point and coming back and tq is the time between q and highest point and coming back ,relate acceleration due to gravity,tp,tq, and h

Question Image
Grade:11

2 Answers

Arun
25750 Points
4 years ago
Dear Sumedh

I have attached an image containing solution.
Please check and in case of any query please feel free to ask again.

568-131_123.png
Regards

Khimraj
3007 Points
4 years ago
Let A be the highest point and h’ the distance between the point p and A. Here, tp = time taken in going from p to A and again from A to p A O q p h h' time taken in coming from A to p = p t 2 . Similary, time taken in falling from A to q = q t 2 . Now, h’ = 2 2 p p 1 t gt g 2 2 8     =   ....(i) and h’ – h = 2 2 q q 1 t gt g 2 2 8     =   ....(ii) Subtracting (ii) from (i), we get h = 2 2 p q 2 2 p q gt gt g (t t ) 8 8 8 − = − or, g = 2 2 p q 8h

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free