A particle of mass m moves on the x-axis as follows: it starts from rest at t = 0 from the point x = 0, and comes to rest at t = 1 at the point x = 1. No other information is available about its motion at intermediate times ( 0 If α denotes the magnitude of instantaneous acceleration of the particle, then which of the following is/are true? (a) α cannot remain positive throughout (b) α cannot exceed 2 at any point in its path (c) α must be equal to 4 at some point or points in its path (d) α must change sign during the motion, but no other assertion can be made with the information given Obviously the a part is correct because the the particle has to deaccelerate to come to a stop. i think one can do this by shm also but please give me the solution with the help of kinematics also. I dont understand why the c part is correct.

A particle of mass m moves on the x-axis as follows: it starts from rest at t = 0 from the point x = 0, and comes to rest at t = 1 at the point x = 1. No other information is available about its motion at intermediate times ( 0
If α denotes the magnitude of instantaneous acceleration of the particle, then which of the following is/are true?
(a) α cannot remain positive throughout
(b) α cannot exceed 2 at any point in its path
(c) α must be equal to 4 at some point or points in its path
(d) α must change sign during the motion, but no other assertion can be made with the information given
Obviously the a part is correct because the the particle has to deaccelerate to come to a stop.
i think one can do this by shm also but please give me the solution with the help of kinematics also. I dont understand why the c part is correct.

Grade:12

0 Answers

No Answer Yet!

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free